A few years ago, I used to write a yearly bucket list of things I’d like to experience instead of traditional resolutions. With the best part of a year lost to being at home, I thought it would be the perfect time to bring back the bucket list – natural and organic beauty edition! My list this year isn’t likely to include any trips to physical beauty stores unfortunately. I do have an ever-growing list of brands to try though and some other beauty-related goals too!
Discover more plastic-free beauty
Last year was all about focusing on more plastic-free beauty swaps for me. I’m not perfect of course, and at the moment it’s a little unrealistic to go completely zero waste, but the effort is there! This year I’ll be continuing to look for even more low waste options in my beauty routine.
I already use plastic-free deodorant, soap bars instead of plastic pump dispensers, a reusable razor handle, bamboo toothbrushes, plastic-free toothpaste and washable organic cotton cleansing cloths. I think I’ll be exploring some refillable makeup options next!
If you’re interested in switching to more sustainable products too, you can check out my guide for 10 easy plastic-free/low waste beauty swaps!
Create a full skincare routine
Any semblance of a skincare routine was left far behind after having a baby – who else can relate?! Now we’re into toddler territory I want to focus on a proper skincare routine again! My routine has dwindled down to just a simple cleanse and moisturise with the occasional purifying face mask thrown in. So I’m looking for a little indulgence to treat my skin with the likes of toner/mists, oils, boosters and serums again!
I have a few staple products that have been repurchases in my routine for years, but I’d love to discover some new favourites this year too. Which leads me on to…
Natural beauty brands to try
The struggle is real with the constantly expanding wish list! All it takes is a quick scroll on Instagram and you’ll spot another swoon-worthy photo on a blogger’s feed with a rave review of a green beauty brand. I’m definitely conscious of my consumption though and don’t go crazy with buying endless products. I’m already somewhat of a minimalist with a relatively small skincare stash and only have products that I actually use! I also want to support more indie beauty brands this year too.
Here’s just a handful on my list to try this year:
(Images by named brands)
- Earthwise Beauty – a well-loved brand by the green beauty community on Instagram. I think I tried them years ago, but I’d love to revisit these beautifully branded luxe products!
- Honeypie Minerals – natural mineral makeup with refillable options. The foundation was recommended to me by makeup artist Hannah @hvrbeauty. I love the refillable idea!
- Arcana – super indulgent sustainable botanical skincare. They just look so luxe and the ultimate skincare treat. I’ve heard amazing things!
(Images by named brands)
- Terre Verdi – this organic skincare brand has been on my radar for a while, but reading Helen’s review (Natural Beauty with Baby) bumped this one up the list!
- Leahlani – luxury artisanal skincare made in Hawaii. I can’t believe I still haven’t tried this dreamy tropical brand yet! Been on my wishlist for years now – 2021 is the year!
- Inner Senses – hand-blended, organic and cruelty free… it’s no surprise I’m keen to try! Especially after hearing great things from Emma at Beauty Folio too!
What’s on your beauty bucket list for 2021?